Search This Blog

Sunday 29 June 2014

May Favourites

♡ GOODBYE MAY AND HELLO JUNE! ♡
Here’s a nice little bit of sunday writing..
May is the probably the best month ever (totally not because it’s my birthday month..) and with it being my birthday month, I’ve become obsessed with quite a few new things, some old things and just random things in general so here are my favourite items from the month of May!!
MAKEUP & FACE!
CONCEALER: I have recently discovered the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the colour fair 1, because I’m the palest of human beings… it is literally a godsend! plus its also very handy if you’re having a lazy day but still want to look somewhat decent and the coverage is amazing!! The only bad thing about this concealer is that it is hardly ever in stock so whenever I get a new tube, I must be prepared for possibly not getting a new one for a long time.
FOUNDATION: I absolutely LOVE this foundation, like seriously. I’ve been using the Revlon Colorstay foundation in shade 110 Ivory (still pale). This foundation unlike a lot of others, stays on for hours! (I’ve literally just noticed it says 24hrs on the lid oops..) I highly recommend this foundation cause argh its amazing.
POWDER: Okay, this powder is the best powder ever in existence like ever, like seriously. It is the Maybelline Fit Me powder in the shade 125 Nude Beige (this gives me colour to the vile vampire paleness), the best way to apply it is with the little pad that comes with it which is the only downer of the product but it applies it on amazingly after about 3 minutes of complete patience (I despise having a sticky foundation face wwwwwwww!!) but seriously it makes your face flawless and it is the best okay, end of story, goodbye, the end.
BRONZER: The Solar Powder bronzer by Soap & Glory is sososo good, enough said.
BLUSHER: I use two depending on my mood, my favourite is the Revlon blush in the shade 003 Mauvelous, its so pinky and mmm. My second favourite is slightly lighter and is called Love At First Blush by Soap & Glory because it is such a cute light pink colour.
MASCARA: Okay so I have three favourites, my first is the Mega Volume Miss Manga mascara by L’Oréal Paris because it is just perfect, its not too gloopy or too dry its just aaah <3. My second favourite is more of a volumising mascara combo,  Its called Extension Mascara by Model Co by Danni Minogue, it is fairly pricey at £30 but omg it is amazing, you’ll never need false eyelashes with it on. My last favourite is a recent buy from Avon called the Irresistibly Sexy mascara, plus its perfect for everyday makeup, for school etc. and and and!!! it literally curls your eyelashes for you so it is great, plus its a 2 in 1, who even has time to curl their lashes anymore??
EYEBROWS: If you have known me for a while, I have been practising around with eyebrow products for a long time, from pencil to frigging crayon, always a disaster, but lately since watching an old Zoella favourites video, she recommends the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil and I can completely see why she loves it because it literally is the perfect eyebrow product! It can give you a subtle look and a bold all in one product like omg how is this product not in every girls makeup bag??
EYELINER: My signature look is probably the cat eye so whenever I have the time to do a perfect cat eye look, I always use the L’Oréal Paris Super Liner – Perfect Slim, highly recommend but for god’s sake never leave the lid off more than 5 minutes cause just ugh, dry eyeliner will be the death of me!!
LIPS: I hardly ever wear lipstick or lipgloss or lip balm unless I’m just practising about with looks, but I have become obsessed with Kylie Jenner’s lips, like, they may be false or her makeup artist is amazing, sooooo, I was playing around with makeup and got myself a lipliner and lipstick to kind of match hers. For this I have been using the L’Oréal Infaillible Lip Liner in the colour 701 Stay Ultraviolet and the lipstick I’ve been using is a matte lipstick from No7 called Stay Perfect – Classic Rose, it stays on for hours and its just awesome!
I also have a product for lip care since my lips are always in bad condition due to biting them when I’m bored of nervous and this product was a miracle, literally. It is the Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush and oommgg, not only is it a miracle worker but it is bloody tasty too, and slightly addictive.. plus its also really good for scrub around areas of your face where there may be some under the skin spots or your nose area where there may be some bumps.
FACIAL PRODUCTS: I cannot stress enough how good this moisturiser is, its perfect for all skin conditions but again it is slightly pricey at £25. It is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Not only does it even out dry spots with oily areas, it even evens out the colour of your face, for example you may have really red cheeks after removing your makeup on your cheeks or just plain redness and it literally calms everything down! Highly recommend this product like whoa its so cool.
I thought I’d throw this in also because its a huge part of my daily face routine, its gonna sound gross to all you clean freaks out there but I NEVER wash my face (told you it sounds icky), not because I can’t be bothered, it’d because A. My skin is super sensitive to soaps and it just gets all bumpy and gross, B. soap is awful getting products off your eyes plus soap is extremely filled with acidy and perfume substances which just burn and C. I hate water on my face. So to overcome all this since I was about 14, I’ve been using face wipes every day and my face is sooooo smooth, like really just ask someone I know and I guarantee you that I’ve told them to feel my face. I am currently using the Clean & Clear Truly Gentle 3-in-1 Facial Wipes. It even says on the packaging that it leaves you with clean, soft, nourished skin in one, so its a great choice for all skin types especially people with sensitive face skin, like me, the sensitive little person as I am.
PERFUMES
My all time favourite perfume is Chanel Mademoiselle because my Mum used to have it all the time when I was little, so I’ve taken over her fancy of that specific perfume, but mine ran out a couple of months ago and left a tiny little bit in the bottle so I only wear it now for super special occasions. So, to replace my absolute favourite I found an old perfume while just nosing around the house and came across one called Idole d’Armani, it has a very sophisticated and classy scent which is probably one of the most lady like perfumes I’ve ever owned and again I only use it for going out occasions, but but but for my everyday perfume, which I got for my birthday from my little sister, which I have wanted for weeks now, is the new One Direction perfume called That Moment, which unlike their previous perfume called This Moment is so much fruitier and it just reminds me of a holiday tropical scent and its sooooo sooooo nice!
RANDOMS
YANKEE CANDLE OF THE MONTH: Pink Sands.
SONG OF THE MONTH: Ariana Grande ft Iggy Azalea – Problem
MOVIE OF THE MONTH: Maleficent, enough said. Go watch it, now!
BAND OF THE MONTH:  Five Seconds of Summer by a mile, I’m literally in love, sorry 1D..
MUSICAL OF THE MONTH: Frozen!
STYLE ICON OF THE MONTH: Demi Lovato, obviously.
DVD’s: I have gotten extremely obsessed with the Harry Potter series again lately so throughout the whole month I have seen various Potter films more than three times and with going away last weekend, we had no satellite signal but a dvd player so I had no choice but to watch every Potter film and to be honest, I wasn’t complaining. Frozen has also been a massive part of my month even though I’ve seen it probably twice this month, we have the soundtrack for the car, so the songs have been played far more than the film, I’m even playing frozen songs whilst writing this.
TV SERIES: OH MY ACTUAL GOD ILL PROBABLY NEVER DO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE IN A FAVOURITES BLOG BUT OMGBREAKING BAD NEEDS TO BE IN HERE SOMEWHERE, IT HAS MADE MY LIFE COMPLETE. I SALUTE YOU WALTER WHITE.
FOOD: Just chicken in general.
JUNK FOOD: I know this is a bad one but omg I’ve been obsessed with Kinder Eggs and Wotsists, the big bag too.
DRINK: Cherryade, it may aswell be in my blood.
Okay! I think that is it with my favourites! I hope you enjoyed it and that you are actually still here with me! I feel like I haven’t written enough but I seriously think I have..
Until next time you little fluffy pink cotton candy squishies!
Soph (: xo

No comments:

Post a Comment